The St. Eustatius Afrikan Burial Ground Alliance is fighting to protect a historic burial ground in St. Eustatius, and respectful treatment of the remains of individuals of Afrikan descent that were discovered.
Located in St. Eustatius and with allies around the world, the St. Eustatius Afrikan Burial Ground Alliance wants to connect with other movements also fighting to preserve an endangered Afrikan burial ground.
Explanation why we and other Afrikan grassroots' movementa spell Afrika with a "k" instead of a "c". This spelling is based on the following insights: '
- It is a Pan-Afrikan spelling which relates both to the Afrikan continent and to the Diaspora;
- It reflects the spelling of "Afrika" in all Afrikan languages;
- It includes the concept of "ka", the vital energy which both sustains and creates.
Ka, the Soul
There are three elements to the Egyptian concept of the soul: Ka, Ba and Akh.
- Ka is the life force or spiritual double of the person;
- The royal Ka symbolized a pharaoh's right to rule;
- It is a universal force that passed from one pharaoh to the next.
Visit the Facebook group St. Eustatius Afrikan Burial Ground
Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org